Field spacing in forms

I’m working on moving the spaces of some fields, but the spacing doesn’t seem to change even though I change the pixels. Why is this?

Hi @fergashl,

Can you share some more information on the behavior you are describing? It would be good to see an example of the change you are making along with which version of Specify you are using!

Thank you!

I have a gap in rows 1 and 2 that I am trying to close and I have tried splitting the pixels in several of the fields, but it doesn’t seem to be working. I believe it is the cataloguedDatePrecision field that is causing the gap. I am working with Specify 7.

First, you need to make sure that you are modifying the form resource file that pertains to the user or the user-level you are logged in as. To confirm this, you can delete a row from the form and see if the change takes effect. If it does, then you are in the right place.

Second, there are four elements. I recommend changing the values in all four of them at the same time to see which element actually affects S7.

Third, you can try replacing a pixel value like 120px with p:g which will size the field to be only as big as needed.

I hope this helps.