Query Builder glitch? - displaced fields

Relatively new to Specify 7, and I cannot figure out how to prevent fields from moving out and separating from the query when trying to use the Query Builder.
Most times, trying to adjust a filter on a field in the Query Builder results in the field sliding out of place, and becoming its own tab(?). It is then separate from the query, sometimes duplicating. I am only able to resolve the issue by fully logging out of Specify.
As a result, I don’t use Specify 7, opting for 6. I would really like to employ 7 with others in the collection, but this glitch makes it essentially unusable. Certainly this isn’t how it is intended to function, so I am presuming there is a setting that is incorrect on Specify or my browser?

Thanks… attached is a screenshot of the issue in action:

A specify staff will be able to help with the technical details (most likely creating an issue for this as it seems like a bug), but to help them would you be able to provide:

• Your browser with the version number
  • Which version of Specify you are running (if not cloud hosted)
  • Your operating system

This behavior is consistent on Chrome and Safari on my laptops, and my Dell PC running Windows, and using any browser, Chrome, Edge, Explorer…

At home I am on:

Specify 7 Version:
v7.8.7.1-114-g186483a6e(debug)
Git SHA:
Unknown
Build Date:
Loading…
Specify 6 Version:
Database Version:
DB Schema Version:
Database Name:
utvpspecify
DB Creation Date:
Monday, June 16, 2014 at 3:40:18 AM CDT
Institution:
Texas Vertebrate Paleontology Collections
Discipline:
Vertebrate Paleontology
Collection:
Vertebrate Fossil Collections
ISA Number:
N/A
Browser:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.6 Safari/605.1.15

Thanks,

Chris

Hi @Sagebiel,

Thank you for providing that information!

1. Specify 7 does not support Safari at this time. We recommend that users use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox for maximum compatibility.

2. Specify 7.8.7.1 is over a year out of date, and we recommend that users update Specify 7 regularly to receive the latest improvements and bug fixes. The issue you are encountering is most likely resolved in a newer release as the behavior you are describing cannot be recreated in v7.9.3.1 (our latest release).

If you or your IT department need help updating Specify 7, please let us know!

In the future, you can also share your system information by following this guide!

Thank you! Let me know what I can do to help get you updated!