About fossil

Hi , there,
does someone know where should i enter the fossil type into to match the taxon ? should I create one cell there to include the fossil type in our database, BTW , I am using specify 6;
I really appreciate it , because we have lot of fossil need input to the database. Thanks
lili

Hi @lshen2024, can you provide more details about what it is you are trying to do, so that we may try to assist you better? Additionally, I am not sure if you are able to edit the post, but this may be more appropriately categorized under Get Help rather than Documentation.

When you refer to fossil type, are you referring to what the fossil has been determined to be (example, part of family Trilobita), the type of the specimen as in Holotype, Paratype, or the type of physical specimen (rock, slate etc, often referred to as Preparation type)? Or something else entirely?

Additionally, since you are new to the forum, I should disclose that I am not a member of the Specify team. Members that are will be flagged with a “staff” badge beside their user.

1 Like

Hi @lshen2024,

I just wanted to check in on this question!

Can you share some more information about your current data entry process and what your forms look like?

If there is already a field on your Collection Object form for capturing “fossil type”, you would just need to add a column to your import spreadsheet with a value that can be entered in that field.

Hi ,

Thanks so much for the response.

Actually we changed our mind, we decided to do it in Access, that is more easier than figuring out the header of Species!

Thanks for your support! Have a great weekend!

Best regards
Lshen

1 Like