Finding interations associated with a preparation

Hello
I’m keen to make it easier to find interactions associated with a preparation. the use case is as follows:

• I’ve found a Collection object / prep I’m interested in learning as much as I can about.
  • if that prep / collection object has any loans / gifts / other interactions associated with it those are almost certainly of interest to me.
    However, currently, its hard for me to know that information exists elsewhere (hard to know that a gift record for example might exist) and even if I do know it exists, then thee’s no easy 1 click way I can find of accessing that information. I need to run a query, etc.

Ask is:

• is there a way of adding to a preparation form a summary of all interactions associated with a preparation?
  • and to make those interactions clickable? - I know we can do this bit for Loans currently with the view loans button, so ask is maybe to generalise / extend that.
    Thanks

Ben

@Ben. This already exists. There is a Show Interactions button that is on the preparation form that when clicked will show all loans/gifts/exchanges that are associated with that preparation. Terminology used on the button can be changed to whatever makes sense to you. A recent change means that it will show all interactions whether open or closed.

Thanks!
That is indeed a good solution- to the question of how we open the interactions. 1 suggestion - the docs for forms ( Form System · specify/specify7 Wiki (github.com)) currently say this button only shows Loans. (I had in fact considered this button, but had discounted it on reading that). you may want to update.

Is there a way we can add a field to the form that gives users an at a glance view of if there is a gift associated with a preparation? - e.g. equivelant of the isOnLoan?
Thanks

Hi Ben,

I have updated the form system documentation to be more accurate! Thank you for sharing that feedback!

There is no equivalent for the other interactions. The isOnLoan field is one of a kind in the Preparation table. I have added a feature request for that capability in the future:

Specify 6 does currently show gifts and loans but not exchanges.