Queries are only available to the user who created them. To share a query with other users, you must export the query and the other user must import it.
To Export a Query:
- Create and save the query you want to use and share. Once saved, the query will be added to the side bar.
Once the query is created, close the query by clicking the x on the query tab at the bottom of the screen. The query will become active in the side bar (turn from greyed out to black).
Right-click in the white space of the side bar. A menu will appear. Select Export Queries.
- If you have more than one query, you will be asked to select the query(s) you would like to export. If you only have one query, Specify will skip this step. Select the query you want to export from the list provided and click OK.
- Navigate to the place you would like to save the query. Enter a name for the query and click Save.
To Import a Schema:
While logged in as the user who wants to receive the query, open the query screen by clicking Query in the Task Bar.
Right-click the white space in the query screen. Select Import Query from the menu that appears.
- Navigate to the directory where the query was exported. Select the query and click Open.
- Select the query(s) you want to import and click OK.
The query will be imported and can be used immediately.