Error message during validation

Hi!
I got an error message after the validation process in the data upload on workbench in Specify7. In the mapping process I filled in all the required fields and mapped all the data. What could be the problem?

This is the error that I got:

Error occurred during Validation
{
  "uploaderstatus": {
    "operation": "validating",
    "taskid": "3c535e85-f401-4e00-b2d1-2f0cb153e03b"
  },
  "taskstatus": "FAILURE",
  "taskinfo": "KeyError('fieldname')"
}

Many thanks!

Hi @ZoeChristen,

Thanks for reaching out!

Could you share your data set upload plan, the spreadsheet you are importing, and a copy of your Field Formatters app resource?

You can navigate to App Resources from the User Tools menu after clicking on your username. Once there, you should see a ‘Field Formatters’ app resource in the left sidebar under the current discipline.

Once there, please click Download and share this with us!

Thank you so much for your answers, here are the following files:

NMB-RINVERT_TrombidiformesFL_17.07.2024_ohneFormel_CHZ (4).json (24.3 KB)
UIFormatters.xml (5.8 KB)
DataSet_ValidationError.xlsx (13.5 KB)

Hi @ZoeChristen,

Sorry for the delay– this one was tricky to solve.

The issue here was that the determinedDate field in the Determination table’s schema was using a field format that it could not properly resolve.

I’ve resolved this on your database. You should be able to continue working with that data set!

The format was set to be purely numeric where it should be simply unformatted. Behind-the-scenes, the fields display the date format decided by the database date format configuration. To not use the ‘accessible’ date pickers determined by your browser, you can either double-click the date field to enter the date directly in that format or go to User Preferences and disable the accessible date picker.

If you disable the accessible date picker setting, you will see the format configured for your database in your date fields: