Error querying the Collection Relationship table

Hi! Months ago I configured a Collection Object relationship with itself following this post:
[Problem creating a new Collection Relationship Type]

The relationship is working well, the related specimens appear where they are meant to appear:

And querying the collection object table for related specimens also works well:

However, querying the Collection Relationship table gives an error if the Collection Rel Type field is added:

This is the error file:
Specify 7 Crash Report - 2024-06-21T15_57_20.596Z.txt (355.6 KB)

If that field is not included in the query, it works, but then form gets stuck in loading that field:

This was all working well before. May it have something to do with the Specify update to the new version?

Hi @sorosoro,

This is due to a problem specific to Collection Rel Type being displayed as a query combo box. The system automatically creates and assigns a pick list for this field, and when attempting to retrieve data (i.e. populate the query combo box field), it is also trying to scope the pick list items.

The system’s attempt to scope the pick list items is a new behavior introduced along with system enhancements for collection relationship WorkBench uploads and scoping of front end requests in general.

This is written up on GitHub, where I’ve just left a comment reporting your encounter with this. We hope to have this resolved soon, let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks for reaching out!

– Bronwyn

Thanks @Bronwyn.

Hi @sorosoro,

I think you’ve got the wrong Bronwyn,

Cheers,

Bronwyn

Bronwyn Collins

Volunteer Botanical Training Program Coordinator | Australian National Herbarium

Centre for Australian National Biodiversity Research

National Research Collections Australia / National Facilities and Collections

CSIRO

E Bronwyn.Collins@csiro.au T +61 1 6246 5133

GPO Box 1700, Canberra, ACT, 2601

www.csiro.au

CSIRO acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the lands that we live and work on across Australia and pays its respect to Elders past and present.

PLEASE NOTE

The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

Oops, sorry!

Thanks Bronwyn (I hope this goes now to the right Bronwyn)

1 Like