Specify 7.7.5 Announcement

SpecifyCollectionsConsortium

Release Announcement

Specify 7.7.5 fixes a minor bug with the date picker not allowing the user to change the precision.

Beginning with Specify 7.7.1, we have shortened our release cycle to issue minor Specify 7 updates every two weeks. These minor releases with the third digit incremented (e.g. 7.7.4 to 7.7.5), may introduce small features but usually emphasize fixed bugs. Releases with the second digit incremented (e.g. 7.6.x to 7.7.x), will include major new features and capabilities.

Specify 7.7.5 is not compatible with Specify 6.8.0; it requires databases to be updated to Specify 6.8.01 or higher. Instructions on changing the Specify 6 version that Specify 7 uses is available here.

7.7.5 (17 October 2022)

Fixed

• Fix query result table formatting to use correct formatter (#2271)
  • Fix DatePicker not allowing to change precision (#2323)

7.7.4.1 (12 October 2022)

Fixed

• Fix an infinite fetch loop in FormTable (#2309)

The full changelog is available on GitHub.

For source code go to the GitHub Specify 7 repository.

For more information about Specify 7, or about this release, see [https://www.specifysoftware.org/products/specify-7/], or email support@specifysoftware.org.

it requires databases to be at the Specify 6.8.01 level.

I understand the latest schema to be 6.8.02 - should this say “at least” ? I’m about to attempt to upgrade to 6.8.02 and 7.7.5 concurrently and I can’t find any references to suggest this is supported.

Hi @Joshua,

Yes, you are correct! This announcement was made in October before the 6.8.02 update was released. Specify 7.7.5 works with 6.8.02!

Here are instructions on updating the Specify 7 instance to use the newest version of Specify 6 as well.

Thank you for bringing that to our attention!

1 Like